The Annual Review:
- is a chance to celebrate your child’s progress and achievements over the past year
- gives you, your child, and professionals working with them, the chance to share their views, wishes and feelings about the EHC plan
- must look at all the sections in the EHC and update them where needed
- will check your child's progress against their agreed outcomes, and update the outcomes, if needed
- for young people in Year 9, the review will focus on preparation for adulthood. This includes work/higher education, independent living skills, community involvement and staying healthy.
- set new steps to achieve outcomes and the provision needed
- will consider how appropriate the school/college is for the child/young person
- will decide whether a plan should be updated, remain unchanged or ceased
- mustn’t just focus on how things have gone in the past year in school/college
What happens next?
Four weeks after the annual review, we will decide whether to:
- Keep the EHCP unchanged
- Amend the EHCP
- End the EHCP
The SEND Officer will then send a ‘notice of decision’ to update the parent/carer/child.