Click here to activate screen reader, translation and accessibility tools


Proposed roadworks information and how to report problems with roadworks in Waltham Forest.

Map of current and proposed roadworks


Enter an address in the search bar to see upcoming roadworks.

Which companies can dig up your street?

The most common statutory undertakers that are allowed to work on the public highway in Waltham Forest are:



Thames Water

UK Power Networks

National Grid Gas

Transport for London (TfL)

Virgin Media

BT Openreach

They are known by different names such as utility companies, statutory undertakers, stats companies, or works promoters. There are other companies that allowed to work on the public highway, but the list above covers the main group.  Under the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 they are entitled to dig in the highway in order to provide and maintain their services.

If you have enquiries or concerns about works undertaken by a utility company on a public road:

  • you should first try to identify which company is responsible for the problem
  • inform the company using the contact details above

If you are unable to identify the company, or you receive an unsatisfactory response from them, you can report a road or utility works problem to the Council using the link on the right hand side of this page or telephone the Council on 020 8496 3000.

Street Works Licences and Temporary Traffic Orders

For more information about street works licences and temporary traffic orders, please visit our Highway Licences webpage.

Help with completing online forms

If you don't have a computer, you can use a self-service PC at any library in Waltham Forest to log your request/report.

Staff there can help you to log in and create a MyAccount.