Information we hold about you Click to get info
We will process the following personal data:
- Address and details of property receiving the GHG LAD installation(s)
- Details about the GHG LAD installation(s) installed at the property, including type, size and cost
- Contact address (if not the property receiving the GHG LAD installation(s))
- Address and details of property offered, but not receiving, the GHG LAD installation(s)
- Your name
- Household income and any other scheme eligibility information
- Any financial contribution you have made towards the GHG LAD installation(s)
- Details about the expected energy, carbon and cost savings expected to be delivered by the installation, including pre- and post-installation property energy performance certificate details where appropriate
- Email address (optional)
- Phone number (optional)
- Your name;
- Relevant accreditation and registration information;
- Contact address;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Details of the GHG LAD installations delivered;
- Whether directly contracted or sub-contracted by Servicestore to install GHG LAD installations;
- The number of employees in your organisation.
Why we need your information and how we use it? Click to get info
The purpose(s) for which we are processing your personal data is to support the delivery and administration of the GHG LAD Scheme.
Delivery and administration of the Scheme may require linking of your data to other datasets held by the London Borough of Waltham Forest or the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
BEIS will be conducting an evaluation of the GHG LAD. This may include you being contacted to take part in further research. Where the research involves processing of personal data in addition to that already collected for delivery of the GHG LAD, you will be given the opportunity to opt-in to that research at the point of contact.
Your data may also be used for statistical, research and fraud prevention purposes.
The Lawful basis for the processing Click to get info
We will only ask for personal information that is appropriate and proportionate to enable us to deliver our services effectively.
The legal basis for processing your personal data is:
- Consent: the individual has given clear consent for you to process their personal data for a specific purpose
- Contract: It is necessary for the performance of the installation contracts.
Who your information will be shared with (if applicable) Click to get info
Your personal data will be shared with:
- The Council’s delivery partner Servicestore;
- Partner organisations contracted by Servicestore to undertake the work including home surveys;
- The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and its contractors for delivery, administration and evaluation of the scheme, statistical, research and fraud prevention purposes;
- Ofgem and delivery partners of central and local government home energy schemes such as the Energy Company Obligation and Renewable Heat Incentive.
Your personal data may also be shared with other Government departments where necessary.
We may share your data if we are required to do so by law, for example by court order or to prevent fraud or other crime.
Personal data shared with BEIS will be stored on their IT infrastructure and will therefore also be shared with their data processors Microsoft and Amazon Web Services.
How long we will keep your information Click to get info
Your personal data will be stored securely by us from the point of application to the completion of the installation plus 6 years.
Your personal data will be stored securely by BEIS for a maximum period of 25 years following the close of the Scheme. BEIS may choose to store anonymised data beyond this period.
Information obtained from another source Click to get info
Where relevant, we may obtain information about you from the local registered charity Home Energy Efficiency Training Ltd (“HEET”), a not-for-profit organisation working in the London boroughs of Waltham Forest, Redbridge and Enfield. HEET help households to: Save money on fuel bills; Stay warm & healthy at home; Save energy & cut carbon emissions.
HEET may share household data with Servicestore when making a referral. This would include: contact details; name, phone, address, email. HEET may also include the following data, if available: property ownership/tenure type; household income and/or receipt of benefits.
HEET will always obtain your consent before sharing any information with the Council or ServiceStore.
If you have questions regarding HEET’s data gathering and sharing practices you can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact details for the Data Protection Officers covering the Scheme Click to get info
The Council’s Data Protection Officer is Mark Hynes. You can contact him at Data.Protection@walthamforest.gov.uk.
ServiceStore’s Data Protection Officer is Mark Hynes. You can contact him at Data.Protection@walthamforest.gov.uk.
You can contact the BEIS Data Protection Officer at:
BEIS Data Protection Officer
Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
1 Victoria Street