Who we are and what we do? Click to get info
This Privacy Notice relates to the management of Switchboard Studios - a workspace for creative industries in Blackhorse Lane.
The purpose of the building to is to create workspace for creative businesses, a key part of our Economic Growth Strategy and the Greater London Authority (GLA) London Regeneration Fund. The renovation was achieved with GLA funding and we are required to periodically report back to the GLA on how the funding has created and safeguarded jobs in the borough and provided business opportunities.
Kate Cowan Email Business.Growth@walthamforest.gov.uk
Employment, Business and Skills Team
Economic Growth and Housing Delivery
Information we hold about you Click to get info
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Business details including business contact details, employee contact details, turnover, size of company, number of jobs created and safeguarded, number of volunteers and freelancers, amount of local spend, annual turnover of the business, emergency contact details
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth, gender, and any form of identification that you provide to us so that we can verify your identity
- Contact Data includes billing address, email address and telephone numbers
- Financial Data includes annual turnover, bank account and payment card details
- Transaction Data includes details about purchases you have made using our services, payments we have made on your behalf, and repayments made by you to us
- Profile Data includes your username and password, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We may also process special category data relating to your disability, racial or ethnic origin for the purposes of reporting to funders and analysing the performance of Switchboard Studios in diversity and inclusion.
Why we need your information and how we use it? Click to get info
We will use your data for the following:
- A lease agreement between the Council and the business
- A rental agreement in relation to venue hire
- Reporting to the funder; and
- Marketing from us and our third parties.
The information we collect is processed for the provision of services to you.
The facility was built and relies on funding from the GLA and as a result the Council has periodic reporting obligations. To this extent the data of the businesses who use the facility will be reported to the GLA.
The Lawful basis for the processing Click to get info
The processing of the information we gather is based on the contract between the Council and the Business/Hirer. When the data is shared with third parties, such as our funder, this processing will be based on consent.
Who your information will be shared with (if applicable) Click to get info
Your information will be shared with the Regeneration Team at the Greater London Authority. It will not be provided with any other external parties.
How long we will keep your information Click to get info
Your personally identifiable information will be retained for the lifespan of the contract plus six years.