Information we hold about you Click to get info
The personal data we will collect includes:
- Free School Meals, Pupil Premium, Looked After Children, Special Educational Needs, Medical information, social worker details
- Parent/carer name and contact details
Why we need your information and how we use it Click to get info
We use this data to:
- Help us deliver the right service
- Support pupil learning
- Monitor and report on pupil progress
- Provide appropriate pastoral care
- Protect pupil welfare
- Assess the quality of our services
- Comply with the law regarding child performance licensing
- Contact parents in the event of unexpected events or changes of circumstances
- Marketing music education opportunities provided by our service and our partners
The Lawful basis for the processing Click to get info
The lawful basis on which we rely in order to use the information which we collect about you for the purposes set out in this notice will be ‘Consent.’ Where the child is under 13 years of age, the consent must be provided by the child’s parent or guardian.
Who your information will be shared with (if applicable) Click to get info
The type of service you receive and your personal circumstances will dictate who we share your personal data with. Where applicable, we will share your data with organisations that deliver services on behalf of or in partnership with Waltham Forest Music Service which may include:
- Our local authority
- Examining bodies such as ABRSM and RockSchool
- Arts organisations with whom we deliver a service, for example, Barbican Creative Learning, Conductive Music, East London Music Group, London Sinfonietta.
- The Revenues and Benefits service to verify eligibility for income / benefit related rates.
Aggregated statistical data is shared with funders, including Arts Council England and the Department for Education and Employment.
How long we will keep your information Click to get info
We keep personal information about pupils while they are attending our service, events and rehearsals. We will also keep it beyond their attendance for up to one year so that we can provide a suitable service if they return within the year (pupils often take a break for a term or a year for example if they have other commitments), and so that we can contact parents with any follow up information about events or examinations.