Information we hold about you Click to get info
The Strategic Partnerships Unit is a data processor, not a data controller. Agencies share data with us for various processes as listed below.
We may collect the following types of personal information and data:
- Email addresses
- Dates of birth
- NHS Registration Numbers
- Details of family members, associates and personal relationships
- Details of criminal offences and prosecutions including details of committal and release
- Reports of behaviour that may cause concern as they relate to safeguarding children and young people
- Professional opinions in relation to concerns and complaints
- Information about individuals who may pose a risk to children
- Information about individuals who are reported as missing
- Information about individuals who are to be released from prison
- School attendance
- Health information
We may also collect the following special category data:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Religious or philosophical beliefs
- Marital status
- Gender identity
- Sexual orientation
- Pregnancy or maternity details
Why we need your information and how we use it Click to get info
In order to fulfil our statutory responsibilities, we will use the information we have collected for the following purposes:
- organising serious case reviews, safeguarding adult reviews or domestic homicide reviews
- supporting the statutory reviews of child deaths as part of the Child Death Review process
- supporting the review process for people with learning disabilities as part of Learning Disabilities Mortality Review
- carrying out quality assurance and improving practice work such as multi-agency audits
- inviting individuals to training and events
- circulation of information updates including our electronic newsletter
The Lawful basis for the processing Click to get info
The lawful basis we use in order to collect and use people’s personal data is:
The processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the council.
Who your information will be shared with (if applicable) Click to get info
During the course of our statutory reviews and quality assurance work, data will be shared with professionals who are involved in the relevant review or audit activity.
We may also need to share information with national regulatory authorities and if this happens it will be through the provision of statutory powers held by those authorities.
How long we will keep your information Click to get info
The length of time your information will be kept will be in accordance with the statutory provisions relating to the legal basis for the processing of the information.