King’s Road RRC, Gateway Road RRC and South Access Road RRC are currently operating a restricted service to allow people to dispose of any household or garden waste items while sticking to social distancing guidelines.
A new booking system has been introduced to minimise queuing time but queues are still expected.
Please make sure you have a valid booking and have checked the conditions of entry on the Wise up to waste website before you leave home. These are in place to ensure the safety of site staff and visitors. If you do not comply with the conditions of entry you will be turned away from the site.
Opening hours and waste types accepted may be subject to change.
Conditions of entry
- Visitors will need a valid booking before they leave home, or entry will be refused
- A limited number of cars will be allowed on site at one time
- Pedestrian and cyclist access is now available at all sites
- Two people will be permitted to leave the car when on site to deal with heavier items.
- Vans, trailers and pick-up trucks will not be allowed to enter, except for South Access Road site.
- Visitors should keep 2m from other people when on site
- Site staff will not be available to help with unloading – please make sure you can carry your items by yourself
- Please treat staff with respect and follow staff instructions at all times
- Visit the Wise up to waste website for information on individual sites before you leave home
You can book your slot on the London Energy website
Find out more on the Wise up to waste website
From Tuesday 2 June, a wider range of items will be accepted for disposal and recycling. Visit www.wiseuptowaste.org.uk for more details on what items will be accepted.
Monday 28 September, Waltham Forest Council are introducing a modal filter at South Access Road, as part of the Coppermill Area Scheme and Quietway 2 (Cycleway 27) scheme.
This means that from Monday 28 September the way people access various premises such as Low Hall Depot and the recycling centre will change.
Instead of travelling along South Access Road, people travelling by motorised vehicle will need to travel along Argall Avenue from Lea Bridge Road.
For more information on the Coppermill Area Scheme please visit www.enjoywalthamforest.co.uk
There are three household waste and recycling centres in Waltham Forest:
Each site has different rules about what you can take, as well as different opening hours and days. Please check our web pages for details before you make a journey.
Items that are suitable to be used by someone else can be taken to the Second Time Around shop at the Kings Road Reuse and Recycling Centre, Chingford.