Member services and facilities Click to get info
Chingford Library Plus offers the following free services and facilities for members:
- books: print titles, eBooks and eAudiobooks available for loan or download
- newspapers and magazines: latest editions available to read in the library
- computers: PCs with Microsoft Office software and internet access
- Wi-Fi internet access available throughout the building
- online courses: access a range of free learning material, including language lessons, driving theory test preparation, and computing skills lessons
- public toilet (children’s toilet and baby change only)
Library members can also access the following 'paid for' services with their library card:
- printing and photocopying
Visit the Waltham Forest Libraries website for more information on the above services. Alternatively, give us a call or visit us in person.
Council services Click to get info
From Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm, staff are available to help you complete the following tasks, along with many others, at one of our self-service PCs at the library.
You can also report a change in circumstances that affects any of the permits or benefits, or drop off and scan evidence to support an existing application.
- council house repairs
- fly tipping
- noise pollution
- missed bin collections
- Council Tax
- Business Rates
- parking fines
- visitor parking permits (specific areas/zones only)
- resident parking permits
- Housing Benefit
- Blue Badge
- Council Tax Support
- free school meals
- Universal Credit
Please note: all of the above tasks can be completed via this website using our library PCs outside of staffed hours or your own PC, laptop or mobile device.
Regular events and activities calendar Click to get info
- Lesbian Reading Group (second Monday of the month), 7.30pm to 8.30pm
- Monday Matinee Film Screenings, 3pm to 5pm
- Chingford Reading Group (first Tuesday of each month), 6.30pm to 7.30pm
- Thursday Reading Group (last Thursday of the month), 6.30pm to 7.30pm
- Baby Bounce and Rhyme, 11.30am to 12noon
For further details and availability for any specific event, get in touch or ask a member of library staff.
The library also hosts a series of special events and seasonal activities throughout the year. To find out more and book tickets, visit the Waltham Forest Libraries website.