Examination stage Click to get info
Following the submission of the Walthamstow Town Centre Area Action Plan (WTCAAP) to the Secretary of State, Mr Paul Crysell BSC, MSC, MRTPI was appointed as Planning Inspector.
The programme officer, Ms Andrea Copsey, can be contacted as follows:
Phone 07842 643988
Post Longcroft Cottage, Bentley Road, Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, CO16 9BX
16 June 2014 - The council has received official confirmation from the Planning Inspectorate that the Inspector has found the WTCAAP to be 'sound', subject to the modifications proposed and discussed during the examination process.
View: Inspector's report (268 KB PDF file)
View: WTC AAP-Track Changes Version (June 2014) (9.7MB PDF file)
Modifications at examination stage
Following the EIP Hearing Sessions (see below) and after considering all the comments and representations made on the WTCAAP, the Planning Inspector has proposed a schedule of modifications to the Plan. It is the council’s view that these modifications strengthen and improve the plan.
As part of the formal process, the council invited representations on these modifications during the period Monday 3 March 2014 to Monday 14 April 2014.
View: WTC AAP EIP Hearing Proposed further modifications (96 KB PDF file)
View: WTC AAP Representations on main modification (205 KB PDF file)
- Public notice
- WTC AAP main modifications
- WTC AAP additional modifications
- Sustainability appraisal report (Addendum report)
- Habitats regulations assessment (Addendum report)
These documents are also available for inspection at Sycamore House (Reception), Waltham Forest Town Hall Complex, London E17 4JF (9am-5pm).
How to submit representations:
- Representation form
- Online response
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post: Planning Policy Team, Room GO8, Sycamore House, London Borough of Waltham Forest Town Hall Complex, London E17 4SU
Representations must be received by 5pm on Monday 14 April 2014.
Examination in public - hearing sessions
A hearing session on the matters relating to the plan took place on Tuesday, 17 December 2013 at the Council Chamber, Waltham Forest Town Hall, Forest Road, London E17 4JF.
- View: Council's response to matter 2
- View: Council's response to matter 3
- View: Council's response to matter 4
- View: Council's response to matter 5
- View: Council's response to matter 6
- View: GLA's response to matter 3
- View: Matters and issues (72KB PDF file)
- View: Draft agenda and guidance note. This is subject to change. A detailed programme will be published later.
Post submission matters
- Response from British Sign and Graphics Association
- WSD21 - Proposed Submission AAP with Modifications included
- Statement of Common Ground - LBWF & Morrisons
On 6th March 2014 the government published National Planning Policy Guidance (NPPG). This replaces a number of older guidance notes and complements the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF). The Inspector invited comments about any implications the new guidance has for the Walthamstow Town Centre Area Action Plan. The deadline for receipt of these closed on 14 April 2014. For further information see: Inspector's statement on the NPPG.
Submission stage Click to get info
The Walthamstow Town Centre Area Action Plan was submitted to the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government on 27 September 2013. This follows the statutory consultation on the Proposed Submission document.
View: Public notice
- Walthamstow Town Centre Area Action Plan - Additional modifications (788KB PDF file)
- Walthamstow Town Centre Area Action Plan - Main modifications (807KB PDF file)
- Walthamstow Town Centre Area Action Plan - Proposed submission document (6.1MB PDF file)
- Summary of main issues - regulation 22(1)(c)(v) (1.3MB PDF file)
- Consultation statement - regulation 22(1) (2.6MB PDF file)
- Consultation report - Part 1 Summary of representations and the Council's response (1.5MB PDF file)
- Consultation report - Part 2 Schedule of full representations (1.4MB PDF file)
- Consultation report - Part 3 copies of representations (7.5MB PDF file)
- PAS Doundness toolkit (266KB PDF file)
- PAS legal compliance toolkit (1.0MB PDF file)
- Duty to cooperate statement (1.2MB PDF file)
Other supporting documents
- Waltham Forest Statement of Community Involvement (765KB PDF file)
- Waltham Forest Local Development Scheme - 2013-2016 (905KB PDF file)
- Walthamstow Area Action Plan - Preferred options document (see below)
- Sustainability appraisal documents (Proposed submission and preferred options stages (see below)
- Habitats Regulations Assessment (Proposed submission and preferred options stages (see below)
- Equality Impact Assessment (Proposed submission and preferred options stages (see below)
- Evidence base
Proposed submission stage Click to get info
The proposed submission document was published for statutory consultation during the period 18 March - 29 April 2013. The council is considering the matters raised prior to submission to the Secretary of State for independent examination.
Download the consultation documents below:
- Public Notice
- Walthamstow Town Centre Area Action Plan - proposed submission
- Sustainability Appraisal - main report
- Habitats Regulations Assessment - main report
- Equality Impact Assessment
Consultation: The statutory consultation at this stage closed on 29 April 2013.
- Representation Form
- Online response
- Email email@example.com
- Post Spatial Planning, Room GO8, Sycamore House, London Borough of Waltham Forest Town Hall Complex, London E17 4SU
Download background documents below:
Preferred Options stage Click to get info
The Preferred Options consultation was undertaken during the period 22 August - 30 September 2011.
View Notice of Plan Preparation (2MB PDF file)
Download the Walthamstow Town Centre Area Action Plan – Preferred options document below:
- Walthamstow Town Centre Area Action Plan Preferred Options (3.8MB PDF file)
- WTC - Sustainability Appraisal (421KB PDF file)
- Walthamstow Town Centre - Habitats Regulation Assessment (307KB PDF file)
- Walthamstow Town Centre - Equality Impact Assessment (181KB PDF file)