Click here to activate screen reader, translation and accessibility tools

Planning Permission

If you’re changing a building and want to rent it out, you might need planning permission to:

  • convert a house into flats
  • extend a property
  • alter the external appearance of an existing building
  • change it from a single-family home into an HMO

Find out if you require planning permission.