We are looking for resident volunteers who are passionate and interested in building safety within our high-rise blocks, as we have two exciting roles residents can apply for:
Building safety champions: local
- Volunteers will learn several important skills linked to fire safety to support their local community, block and home.
- Will be offered a one-day accredited training session from 10am until 4pm (lunch provided), with the opportunity to undertake further learning development training.
- Fantastic experience to add to your CV.
- Commitment of an hour a week – flexible to suit you until you complete the course.
- Receive regular updates from building fire safety block inspectors.
Building safety group member: Strategic steering group
- Meet up to three times a year to discuss building safety across the Council’s housing stock.
- Network with other representatives from across the borough, to influence the building safety approach, future policies and challenge performance.
- Access learning and development opportunities such as accredited training.
- Great experience to add to your CV.