Last updated: 1 June 2023
Next review: 4 April 2024
Our sexual health and HIV services give advice and offer services on contraception, relationships, HIV, and sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
Free and confidential services
All East Sexual Health provide free, open access, confidential sexual health clinics across east London and Waltham Forest. Services must be booked first, online or via telephone.
Waltham Forest Sexual Health Outreach Service
Our free and confidential service offers ‘pop up clinics’ in places like colleges, adult services and youth settings, as well as community events. It provides:
- Priority bookings for those under the age of 25
- Contraception and sexually transmitted infections advice and guidance
- Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea screening (urine samples sent off to the lab, results via text)
- HIV, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and Syphilis screening
- C Card registration (condom scheme for young people under 25). It provides a card to access condoms in a easy and discreet way from more than 2,000 outlets across London, Essex and Hertfordshire
- Free pregnancy testing
- Fast track clinic appointments (under 18 years old only)
- We have a free app allowing users to locate free sexual health services across the borough including opening times and GPS directions. CCARD app can be found on Google Play or the App Store
To find out more, please email: SH.Outreach@walthamforest.gov.uk
All GP contact details are held on the NHS UK website.
Remember you can always access your GP (doctor). GPs can give treatment and advice on almost everything, including contraception, sexual health and abortion.
Pharmacies can provide sexual health services such as:
- Emergency contraception
- Condoms through the C-Card scheme (if you are under the age of 25)
- C-Card scheme (if you are under the age of 25)
- Chlamydia Screening Kits
- Pregnancy testing
Our specialist Sexual Health Services are at Sir Ludwig Guttmann Health and Wellbeing Centre in Stratford. Our Satellite clinic in Forest Road, Walthamstow.
You can make an appointment by visiting the All East website or walk in.
The STI services these clinics offer include:
- STI screening including HIV and Hep B testing, and Hep B Vaccination
- treatment of complicated STIs and HIV
- Diagnosis and treatment of the following symptoms:
- Unusual genital discharge
- Unusual genital spotting or bleeding
- Genital lumps, bumps itches and rashes
Positive East offers free HIV testing and STI screening throughout Waltham Forest for adults over 18.
GPs and Pharmacies also provide Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea screening if you're under the age of 16. More information can be found on our GP and Pharmacy page.
Self-screening kits can be sent to your home address. Use this service when showing no symptoms or mild symptoms. You can also collect these from local stockists, take samples in a safe space and post them back. All packaging is discreet.
You can get self screening kits for
- STI & HIV screening for over 16s through Sexual health London
- Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea for those aged 16 to 24 is available on the Free Test website
If you are under the age of 16 you can also collect Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea kits from selected outlets.