Last updated: 22 February 2023
Additional resources for children and young people
The following organisations and projects provide information and advice about issues relating to harmful sexual behaviour, including keeping children safe from sexual abuse and recognising risk.
- Stopitnow: Helpline and information for concerned adults
- Brook: Free and confidential sexual health and wellbeing services for young people under 25 and their family or carers
- NSPCC: Help for children who have been abused to rebuild their lives, protect those at risk, and find the best ways of preventing abuse from ever happening.
The NSPCC’s Underwear Rule campaign a simple way that parents can help keep children safe from sexual abuse, without using scary words or even mentioning sex.
- Banardo’s: Resources and advice concerning harmful sexual behaviour in children and young people.
- ChildLine: Advice for anyone under 18 years of age. Call 0800 1111 to speak to a counsellor. Calls are free and confidential. Online chat, email and web based services and advice are also available.