Walthamstow Cemetery

Walthamstow (Queens Road) Cemetery
Queens Road
E17 8QP

The cemetery covers 11 acres and opened in October 1872. It was started by the Walthamstow Burial Road who had the two chapels and belfry, with the lodge, coroner's court and sundry buildings erected.

The cemetery is now full, except for when it needs to re-open family plots.

Many of the family graves have been neglected for years.

We hope that after legal requirements, these memorials will be removed to allow us to improve the cemetery.

Opening hours Click to get info

Chingford Mount Cemetery and Queens Road Cemetery opening hours

​Month Monday to Saturday​ ​Sundays​​
January​ - March ​7.30am-4pm ​10am-4pm
April​ - September ​7.30am-7.30pm ​10am-6pm
​October - December ​7.30am-4pm ​10am-4pm

 

As the gates will be locked at the times stated in order to secure the cemetery, all visitors and their vehicles are asked to leave the cemetery in good time. No person is permitted to be in the cemetery outside the published opening hours.

It may be necessary at times to lock the gates earlier than stated due to circumstances beyond our control. If this is necessary appropriate notices will be displayed advising visitors of this.

The Council reserves the right to limit public entry or to close the cemeteries at any time.

Dogs (with exception of Guide Dogs for the Blind) are banned from the cemeteries.

Contact details Click to get info

Cemeteries Administration

Chingford Mount Cemetery Offices 121 Old Church Road Chingford London 
London 
E4 6ST 
020 8524 5030 
Fax: 020 8523 7944 
cemeteries@walthamforest.gov.uk