The organisers (Waltham Forest Council (“the council”) reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions without notice.
- By entering the Competition, you agree to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions and to comply fully with them.
- This Competition is open to residents of the London Borough of Waltham Forest only.
- Photographs must be taken of or within Waltham Forest (within the borough boundaries rather than a neighbouring borough).
- If you are under the age of 16 you must have permission to enter the competition from your parent or guardian. By submitting an entry for the competition, your parent/carer/guardian is deemed to have given such consent and to agree to the use of the entry as described in these terms and conditions.
- All photographs must be entered via the hashtag #walthamforestwonders and #wfdigital on Instagram with a short explanation/caption of why this image in Waltham Forest is wonderful to you. It could be a place, a person, anything. @lbwalthamforest must be tagged in the caption.
- All entrants must also be following @lbwalthamforest on Instagram to enter the competition.
- The closing date for entries is Sunday 25 November 2018 at 12pm. The council reserves the right to refuse any entry submitted after this time.
- The photographs will then be judged, and the winners contacted via Instagram on Wednesday 28 November 2018.
- Only one entry may be submitted per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
- All entries will be judged by a panel of local photographers and bloggers. The judges will select one photograph which, in their opinion, best illustrates the theme of the competition. They will consider a range of factors including composition, technical ability, originality, interpretation of the brief and the commercial suitability of the photographs.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The first place winner will receive an Amazon Echo Dot Smart Speaker. The winning photograph will also be showcased on the council’s social media channels and in Waltham Forest News.
- Highly commended photographs will be featured in Waltham Forest News alongside the winner.
- Images may be digitally enhanced to remove spots or scratches, but not manipulated. Entrants can enhance the picture to make it brighter, clearer etc, but not manipulate the content. The council reserve the right to exclude any image they believe may have been excessively treated so as to alter its authenticity.
- Entrants must not be professional photographers and, for the purposes of this competition, a professional photographer will be considered to be someone who makes more than half their annual income from the sale of their photographs.
- The prize is as stated in these Terms and Conditions. There is no cash alternative and it cannot be sold or transferred.
Copyright and reproduction
- Entrants will retain copyright of the photograph that they submit to the council. By entering the competition all entrants grant to the council the right to publish and exhibit their photograph at an exhibition, on a website, in the council newspaper and any other promotional items linked to the competition or other relevant campaigns as deemed by the council.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrant must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the image or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured. This permission will need to be provided in writing for all successful entries, and entrants should be aware of this before taking photographs in order to obtain the necessary approval. Further, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
- The successful Entrant(s) agree to grant the council a non-exclusive, royalty free licence, to use the photographs submitted in any promotional campaigns, exhibitions, newspaper, website brochures, pamphlets and any promotional material produced on behalf of Waltham Forest.
- Prior to submission, entrants must not have offered any of their entries for sale, been paid for any publication of any of their entries or won or been a runner up in any other photographic competition with any of their entries.
- By entering this competition, all entrants agree that their name and location may appear in the advertising campaign and other post-competition publicity and communications.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules. The council reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time and in its absolute discretion if the council has reason to believe that an entrant has breached any of these rules.
- The council reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage if deemed necessary in its opinion. Such reasons could be circumstances arising outside of the council’s control.
- If the winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, the council reserves the right to either offer the prize to a runner up or to re-offer the prize in any future competition.
- These rules are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. This competition is administered by Waltham Forest Council.
The information you provide will be collected and stored by Waltham Forest Council and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. We will only use your information for the purposes of administration of the competition (including publishing your name and location if you are the winner or highly commended) and any other purposes to which you have consented. We will not pass your details on to any third party.