Before you become a volunteer Click to get info
It's important to ask yourself some questions to help you make the right choices.
- how much time do I have?
- do I need to fit volunteering around my caring responsibilities, work or studies?
- am I looking for something social?
- do I want to pursue an interest?
- do I want to gain skills to help me find a job?
- do I enjoy being active and outside?
- am I good at talking to people?
- do I prefer admin/IT based tasks?
Volunteering can be a great way to help you stand out to potential employers. It shows that you're interested and committed to keeping busy and improving your skills. It can also provide you with great references.
Volunteering within Waltham Forest council Click to get info
We offer a huge variety of volunteer opportunities including:
- being a Digital Champion
- becoming a school governor
- becoming an information assistant
- within libraries
- at William Morris Gallery and Vestry House Museum
- becoming a 'snow angel'
To find out what's currently on offer, you can search for volunteer opportunities and register your interest.