Community alarm only Click to get info
- live alone
- be housebound
- be home alone on a regular basis when relatives or other carers are out
- feel vulnerable at home even though you may be able to get out and about
- be a carer of a disabled child or adult who needs the control centre to call for help in an emergency
- have a need to contact a doctor or someone else in an emergency.
Installing the alarm
Information we need
- some personal details
- names, addresses and telephone numbers of people you want us to contact in an emergency, or if difficulties arise. This can be family, friends or neighbours
- details of two or more people living near to you, who are willing to look after your door keys and be available day or night. If you don’t have anyone to be a ‘keyholder’, then a keysafe attached to the outside of your home can be fitted. This is so access can be gained by the emergency services.
How to get this service
- calling Waltham Forest Contact Centre on 020 8496 3000
- downloading community alarm application form (word doc 57KB)
Community alarm with telecare equipment attached Click to get info
If you’re worried about someone who’s vulnerable and needs more than a community alarm to remain safe and independent in their own home, we may be able to help.
Telecare uses a range of simple sensors placed around the home that raise an alarm to get help if needed. They work 24 hours a day, every day of the year and provide security and peace of mind.
The equipment includes sensors which can:
- detect if someone has left the house at an unsafe time
- detect if someone has not returned to bed after getting up in the middle of the night
- give medication reminders
- detect smoke, gas or floods
- notify a carer in the same house if the person they care for is moving around
If an alarm is raised, the telecare operator will contact the person to check their safety and give advice and reassurance. If necessary, they’ll contact a relative, the mobile warden or the emergency services.
Keyholders will need to be available day or night, to help with access to the property.
To receive the service we’ll need to arrange a community care assessment for the person concerned to see if they’re entitled to help.
This telecare service costs £5.00 per week, which includes the monitoring and response service.
Installing the sensors
An officer from Waltham Forest Adult Social Care will make arrangements with you, your family, carer or neighbour to install the equipment.
How to get this service
To find out more about the telecare services you can ring Waltham Forest Contact Centre on 020 8496 3000 to speak to a customer service advisor.