Our new uniformed Team Waltham Forest are on the streets, working 24/7 to make sure your neighbourhoods are clean.
Look out for the new uniformed team who are working across the borough to crack down hard on people who fly tip and litter our streets.
They are on the streets every day, including the night time Enforcement Team who work between 10pm and 6am, clearing and investigating fly tips overnight, keeping the streets clean and catching fly tippers.
Team Waltham Forest brings together a number of different services working across the Council including Neighbourhoods Officers, Private Rental Property Licensing, Housing, Food Safety and CCTV officers.
They share information and work together to tackle key issues including fly tipping, untidy gardens, rogue landlords and illegal sub-standard housing in back gardens.
Play your part, be part of the team
We are all Team Waltham Forest and we all have to take pride in our local neighbourhoods. Thanks to over 1,000 Waltham Forest volunteers who give up their time to help keep our streets clean and green J
You can help in a number of ways:
- Clear your rubbish in the right way: We collect household rubbish and recycling every week, and provide a free garden waste collection every fortnight
We also provide a free bulky waste collection for residents
- Report fly tipping and other neighbourhood issues: You can now quickly report fly tipping, dog fouling and fly posting through our new Chatbot available 24/7 on Facebook @walthamforestcouncil and on Twitter @WFTellWalt
- Take part in a litter picking group or clean up event: We can give you advice on how to get started and provide equipment. Please email email@example.com for more information.
- Help to keep your neighbourhood green: You may want to start by planting flowers or herbs in nearby tree pits.
- Become a Snow Angel: Help your neighbours in Winter months by volunteering to clear snow and ice from footways and pathways in your local area. Register your interest, email Environmental.Services@walthamforest.gov.uk
- Share your Team Waltham Forest stories: Share photos, videos and stories on the work you’re doing to keep your neighbourhood green and tidy! Use the hashtag #TeamWalthamForest
Keeping your streets clean
Every week we:
- Clean 2,500 miles of streets
- Collect rubbish from 104,000 households
- Clean 1,650 streets
- Empty more than 1,500 litter bins
Last year: we
- Fined over 1,200 people who fly tipped in our borough
- Issued more than 11,000 littering fines
And we’re also:
- Planting 1,200 trees. This will take us to over 50,000 trees, the most trees we’ve ever had!
- Delivering £500,000 park improvement projects chosen by residents
- Supporting over 100 groups that help keep our borough tidy, green and loved