How to apply for a Taxicard Click to get info
To apply, download the Taxicard application form (74KB PDF file) and post to:
59½ Southwark Street
Download the Taxi card application guidance notes (PDF, 50KB)
If you meet the automatic criteria you’ll need to provide proof of your entitlement.
This can be:
- A copy of evidence of higher rate mobility component of Disability Living Allowance or War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement
- Proof of your registration if you are registered as blind or severely sighted impaired within Waltham Forest
You’ll also need to provide proof that you are a permanent resident of the London Borough of Waltham Forest.
This can be:
- a current council tax bill or;
- tenancy agreement or;
- utility bill dated within the last three months
You’ll also need to provide a passport-size photograph, with your name and the date printed on the back.
Who qualifies for a Taxicard? Click to get info
You can apply for a Taxicard from us if you live permanently in the London Borough of Waltham Forest. If you live outside of Waltham Forest you’ll have to apply through your local council.
You’ll automatically qualify if you:
- receive the higher rate of mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance
- receive Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and score 8 points or more on the 'moving around' activity list
- receive War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement
- are registered blind or severely sighted impaired with Waltham Forest
You can also apply if you have long term mobility problems that prevent you from being able to use public transport. You may be invited to a mobility assessment with one of our Occupational Therapist Assistant.
You won’t qualify if you have a temporary condition, such as a broken leg.
Replace your Taxicard Click to get info
Help with completing online forms Click to get info
Contact Click to get info
London Councils 59½ Southwark Street London