Support with resolving differences


Dealing with service providers and large organisations can be complicated and it’s not always easy to put your point across in a way that helps others understand the difficulties you may be facing. There are independent advocacy and mediation services in Waltham Forest that can help you with this.

Waltham Forest council has a legal duty to make arrangements to provide information and advice to parents/carers of children with Special Educational Needs.

SENDIASS (Information and guidance on Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) in Waltham Forest is a confidential service and that can support and advice you in a variety of SEN and disability related matters.

Find out more about SENDIASS Advice and Information

WFCA was established during the 1980s and provides advice, information and support to those who are caring for a relative or friend who needs support because of illness or disability. 

Find out more about Waltham Forest Carers Association

Independent Supporters support parents and young people during changes in how disabled children and young people, and those with special educational needs (SEN), receive services.

Find out more about BLISS