What we do Click to get info
We will try to locate the owner by checking for dog tags on the collar (if it’s wearing one) and microchips.
If we find the owner, we’ll contact them as soon as possible.
If we cannot find the owner, we'll keep the dogs in our kennels for 7 days and then try to find them new homes.
What if your dog goes missing? Click to get info
Report your lost dog using our lost or found dogs online form.
If that doesn’t work
Contact surrounding local authorities and the Battersea Dogs and Cats Home.
- Remember to remove the details from the website once your dog has been found
- If your dog is micro-chipped contact the microchip company to make sure your details are up to date
- The police no longer collect or accept stray dogs.
Charges for getting your dog back Click to get info
If we find your dog, you’ll be charged a retrieval fee plus reasonable expenses.
- Offence £70
- Daily kennelling fees £26
- Transport fees
- Administration fees
- Veterinary fees and medication