Step Up to Social Work is a Department for Education (DfE) initiative which aims to increase the number of high quality social workers by supporting graduates and career changers to start a new career in social work, working with vulnerable children, young people and families.
- Step Up to Social Work is a full-time, fully funded Programme, providing a recognised social work qualification
- It’s 14-months of intensive study and work based placements
- Leading to a Postgraduate Diploma in Social Work
The programme is delivered locally by the University of East London in partnership with local authorities across North East London including London Borough of Waltham Forest.
- Applications for places open on the Department for Education website on 15 February 2021 and close on 7 April 2021
- The programme will commence in January 2022, finishing in March 2023
You are eligible to apply for the programme if you have:
- An honours degree (1st or 2.1) OR
- A 2.2 honours degree with an additional post graduate qualification at level 6, such as a postgraduate diploma or masters degree AND
- GCSE Maths and English at grades C or above (or equivalent) AND
- Experience of working with children and families
For more information and to apply please visit the GOV.UK website: Apply for Step Up to Social Work information for applicants
You can also book a place on one of the North East London online information sessions, delivered by Programme Coordinators from across North East London and UEL.
The sessions will provide information on the academic programme, selection process, funding arrangements, and more.
To book a place at one of the events please use the link below:
- Session One: Tuesday 2 March 5.30pm to 7pm via Zoom
- Session Two: Wednesday 10 March 5.30pm to 7pm via Zoom
- Session Three: Saturday 20 March 10.30am to 12noon via Zoom
- Session: Four: Monday 22 March 11am to 12.30pm via Zoom