What an EHC plan should include Click to get info
The plan should set out a child's or young person's:
- views and hopes
- special educational needs and/or disability and the special support to meet those needs
- health needs and the health support to meet those needs
- care needs and the care support to meet those needs
- goals (what we call 'outcomes')
Our EHC plans put you or your child at the centre of the plan.
It should also include:
- the type of early education 'setting' (that is nursery or pre-school), school or college
- all the information collected during the assessment
- information on types of payment, if you asked for a personal budget
Download an example of an EHC plan.pdf (1.2 MB)
Your EHC plan Click to get info
One of our SEN officers will meet you or you and your child to write your plan.
The officer will ask you:
- to choose the nursery or school you wish your child to go to; or
- if you are a young person over 16, the college you want to go to
- whether you want a personal budget for any of the services listed in the plan. See step 5: my budget for more details
When you have done this, the officer will write up the plan with you and send it to all the people involved so that everyone can check it and comment on it. A copy of the plan will also go to the school or college you have chosen, as we will need to ask for their views on being named as your choice in the final plan.
Once the nursery, school or college agrees to take you or your child we will send you the final plan.