Stage hypnotism licences



You must have authorisation from the local council to show, demonstrate or perform a hypnotism act in public in England and Wales, and the premises in which the performance is to be held must be licensed for regulated entertainment.

Eligibility criteria Click to get info

Fees maybe payable if you apply to a London Borough Council.

Will tacit consent apply? Click to get info

No. It is in the public interest that Waltham Forest Council must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from us within twenty eight working days contact us by email at or call 020 8496 3000

Consumer complaint Click to get info

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, gives advice on your consumer rights. From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre.

Other complaints Click to get info

Please contact the Council and ask for the licensing team in the first instance for matters concerning:

  • Licence holder redress
  • Failed application redress
  • Other redress - include other complaints relating to another aspect of the operation such as noise, pollution or public health