The Feel Good Mark Click to get info
Sports clubs, community organisations and physical activity providers play a vital role in the delivery of physical activity for residents and provide the support and environment for residents to develop.
In order to further support our local providers, the Waltham Forest Sport & Leisure Team has developed a Feel Good Mark which recognises safe and effective sport and physical activity provision.
The Feel Good Mark is simple to complete and the process is not meant to create more paperwork or add pressure to your organisation – we know you have a lot on already and much of the evidence required should already be in place.
The accreditation will focus on your governance, delivery, safeguarding and commitment to providing high quality sport and physical activity for Waltham Forest residents.
The benefits of gaining the Feel Good Mark
- Shows residents that the organisation is well run and a safe environment to participate in sport and physical activity
- Addresses issues like equity and child protection, giving parents confidence when choosing an organisation for their children to participate at
- Coaches and instructors receive access to coach development courses organised by the Waltham Forest Sport and Leisure team
- Provides a link to the Waltham Forest Sport & Leisure Team and the support and expertise available – including assistance with accessing facilities, support in gaining funding and help with development planning for your provision
- Use of Feel Good Mark logo on any publications
- Provides exclusive access for clubs to be involved in delivery of Waltham Forest Holiday Programmes
- Be recommended for external delivery to partners such as local schools, internal council departments
- Promotion and exposure via the council’s social media channels
- Framed London Borough of Waltham Forest Feel Good Mark Certificate
London Youth Games Click to get info
The London Youth Games is Europe's largest sporting event for young people. It involves all 33 London boroughs and 26 national sports governing bodies in over 60 competitions across 30 sports.
You can compete for Waltham Forest if you live or go to school in the borough. It’s free and open to all young people aged between 7 and 17.
The games offers competitive opportunities for participants of varying abilities and experience and has been a stepping stone in the careers of international and Olympic athletes. More on London Youth Games.
Sport England Club Matters Click to get info
Club Matters is Sport England’s one stop shop for sports clubs. Club Matters provides free, convenient, practical resources to help you develop and run a sustainable club.
Club Matters provides free guidance, support and learning on all aspects of running a club. At its heart is a brand new website, but it's far more than that.
The Club Matters website brings together all of the previous support for clubs: Club Leaders, Help for Clubs and the Clubmark website. So those involved in running a club, it's time to breathe a sigh of relief.
To find out more please see the Sport England Club Matters website.
Sport for Confidence Click to get info
Sport for Confidence is a unique organisation, which supports people with and without learning disabilities to participate in a variety of sporting activities.
Come and join in with a different sport each week, meet new friends and learn new skills.
When: Wednesdays 11:30 to 12:15pm, 1 to 2pm and 3 to 4pm and Thursdays 11:30 to 12:15pm and 1 to 2pm.
Where: Waltham Forest Feel Good Centre, 170 Chingford Road, Walthamstow E17 5AA
Cost: £3 per session
This programme is developed in partnership with an occupational therapist and learning disability health specialist
For further information please contact Hannah Webster via email at Hannah@sportforconfidence.com or call her on 07543 742 407
You can also visit the sport for confidence website.
Sports club directory Click to get info
There are currently over 110 sports clubs in the borough that are open to residents, many of which have achieved the Feel Good Mark, if you need information on a sport not mentioned please contact us and we will help you find a suitable club.
Community sports programmes Click to get info
Waltham Forest also works in partnership with Leyton Orient Community Sports Programme (LOCSP) and Tottenham Hotspur Foundation (THF), community-based charities that run a range of innovative and creative sports and educational projects in Waltham Forest and other London boroughs.
For further information please ring LOCSP on 020 8556 5973 or THF on 020 8365 5138.