Our sexual health and HIV services give advice and offer services on contraception, relationships, HIV, and sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
Free and confidential services
All East Sexual Health provide free, open access, confidential sexual health clinics across East London and Waltham Forest. Services must be booked online or via telephone initially.
Waltham Forest Sexual Health Outreach Service
Our outreach is a free and confidential service offering ‘pop up clinics’ in places such as colleges, adult services and youth settings as well as community events offering:
- Priority bookings given to under 25’s
- Contraception and Sexually Transmitted Infections advice and guidance
- Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea screening (urine samples sent off to the lab, results via text).
- HIV and Hepatitis C testing (20 minute on the spot results)
- C Card registration (condom scheme allowing young people under 25’s a card to access condoms easily and discretely from a range of over 2000 outlets across London, Essex and Hertfordshire)
- free Pregnancy testing
- Fast track clinic appointments (under 25’s only)
For more information please email: SH.Outreach@walthamforest.gov.uk
All GP contact details are held on the NHS UK website.
Remember you can always access your GP (doctor). GPs can give treatment and advice on almost everything, including contraception, sexual health and abortion.
Pharmacies can provide sexual health services such as
- Emergency Contraception
- Condoms through the C-Card scheme (if you are under the age of 25)
- C-Card scheme (if you are under the age of 25)
- Chlamydia Screening Kits
- pregnancy testing
Young people under 25
YMCA East offers sexual health screening and support and advice to young people under 25.
Our Specialist Sexual Health Services are at Sir Ludwig Guttmann Health and Wellbeing Centre in Stratford and our Satellite clinic in Forest Road, Walthamstow.
You can make an appointment by visiting the All East website or walk in.
STI services provided by these clinics include:
- STI screening including HIV and Hep B testing, and Hep B Vaccination
- treatment of complicated STIs and HIV
Diagnosis and treatment for the following symptoms:
- Unusual genital discharge
- Unusual genital spotting or bleeding
- Genital lumps, bumps itches and rashes
Positive East offer free HIV testing and STI screening throughout Waltham Forest for adults over 18.
GPs and Pharmacies also offer Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea screening if you're under the age of 16. More information can be found on our GP and Pharmacy page.
Self-screening kits can be sent to your home address. Use this service when showing no symptoms or mild symptoms. You can also collect these from local stockists, take samples in a safe space and send back through the mail. All packaging is discrete.
Self screening kits are available for
- STI & HIV screening for over 16s through Sexual health London
- Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea for those aged 16 to 24 are available at www.freetest.me
If you are under the age of 16 you can also collect Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea kits from selected outlets. Find a local stockist on the freetest.me website.