Retrospective regularisation application for building works

Planning and building control


You’ll need building regulation approval for most building works.

If you overlook this and do works without permission, you may not be able to sell your property. 

So, if you have carried out any unauthorised (building regulation works) since 11 November 1985 then you can now make an application for a regularisation certificate.

How to apply Click to get info

Apply online

You can apply for regularisation using this online form

Apply in writing

Download the regularisation application form here

  • complete the form and send with plans and documents showing the works carried out
  • if you carried out fire safety works to the building, send in copies of the plans

How to pay

Find out how much you need to pay by downloading this list of fees.

Pay online

Then simply pay the fees online here

Find out how we calculate fees and charges in our guidance notes on charges.

Contact us Click to get info


Building control
Growth and regeneration
Waltham Forest Council
​The Magistrates, 1 Farnan Avenue, Walthamstow, London E17 4NX

Phone 020 8496 3000