My Choices is a national on-line event aimed at 16-18-year olds to support young people like you in feeling more confident and prepared on results day. The event will take place with plenty of time for you to consider all your options and feel ready on the day.
The Careers & Enterprise Company and LearnLive on Monday 3rd August at 10am will be broadcasting on the following topics…
10.00am: Being Prepared (handling applications and selection) – resources to help young people prepare for and perform well in a variety of application and selection processes
- What have you done through lockdown? Learning new skills, being prepared for the big interview questions!
- The right ways to use social media and building your LinkedIn Profile
- Top tips for virtual interviews
- Assessment Centres – How do they work and what do they look for
- The basics of a great CV
- Working your way through the minefield of job sites
11:00am :Decision Making and Planning (Investigating jobs and Labour Market Information LMI) – as well as the current and future picture nationally, helping young people understand how to use LMI to help them shape their plans
- What does the labour market look like for me now and in the future?
- Do your research! Careers Information to inspire you
- Sectors growing and recruiting
12:00pm: Pathways (identifying choices and opportunities) – understanding the full range of routes and access points for relevant careers choices
- Overview of pathways
- FE Focus
- HE Focus
- Apprenticeship/Traineeship Focus
- Making a success of your 6th form experience
1:00pm: Finding Support (making the most of careers information, advice and guidance) – using the full range of support resources and personal networks to support a student’s journey to employment
- Support from DWP/NCS with Job seeking
- Impartial one to one advice and support
- Accessing impartial support and advice
- Mentoring or other local services / events
2:00pm: Positive Wellbeing (self-determination) – developing resilience and coping strategies to support students through their journey to employment
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Coping with change
- Vulnerable groups – support structures
2:30pm: Adding Value (preparing for employment) – how young people can develop and showcase their skills without necessarily having been employed e.g. through volunteering, youth social action
- National Citizen Service
- National and local pre employment courses
- Virtual Internships and work experience
- Volunteering & Youth Social Action
Join the event online
To join the event you will need to create an account on the Learn Live Channel in order to access the broadcast.
For best performance please ensure you are using Google Chrome on a PC/Laptop. For Mac and tablet/smartphone users the live event will stream fine with Firefox, Safari etc.
Test the livestream before the start of the event and click on the video at the top of the page.
You will be able to ask questions in advance of the event as well as on the day by using the chat facility above located next to the video player on the above link.