Report faulty street lighting


To report a damaged or faulty lamp column, make a note of the location and if possible the lamp column number. This is displayed:

  • About 1.5 metres (5ft) above the ground and facing towards the road
  • It may contain letters as well as numbers (e.g. 3, WF3 or 3H) and sometimes they are positioned vertically. The letter is important in identifying who is responsible for the repair

Report a street light or illuminated sign problem.


The council is responsible for the installation and maintenance of street lights. This includes fixing lighting faults affecting illuminated bollards, signs, beacons etc.

If you don't have access to a pc, why not visit a Library Plus branch where you can use a self-service pc to log your request/report. Staff are available to support you if you need it.​​​​​