Guidance for re-opening safely Click to get info
Keeping your workplace and business safe during re-opening is vital. The government has provided advice for keeping your workplace safe during Covid-19.
There is also advice from the HSE on keeping your workplace safe.
Further general advice on key steps for businesses to reopen safely can be found on our webpage.
Licenses Click to get info
The Business and Planning Act 2020 has different measures that will help businesses to reopen.
If you are a hospitality business (pub, café, bar or restaurant) you may be able to apply for a Pavement Licence to allow for seating outside your premises. This licence was introduced last summer to help hospitality businesses operate safely while social distancing measures remain in place. For more information on pavement licences, please see our FAQs.
If you are a retail business and are interested in trading outside your premises, you might be eligible for a Street Trading Licence.
Business Grants Click to get info
Business Support Click to get info
Waltham Forest Connected Business Directory
You can register your business on Waltham Forest Connected Business Directory.
Find out information about the directory register your business on the Waltham Forest Connected Business Directory and how to add your business The Council will be holding a webinars on 7 April 2021 to help businesses in the reopening process. The sessions will include information on:
- Reopening your business safely
- Licenses such as pavement licenses that may be available to hospitality businesses to allow for seating outside your premises
- Grants like the recently announced Restart Grants
- General information on support available to businesses
Digital Skills Training and Support
Microsoft have a variety of initiatives to help you and your business improve your digital and technical skills and knowledge and including a global skills initiative and free online courses and virtual training days. You can find out more about these on our Adult Learning page and Microsoft’s website.
Schemes and funding
There are a number of schemes and organisations that can help your business to reopen and thrive:
- Resilience Fund is the Mayor of London’s £1 million challenge fund calling on innovators to address key challenges facing London, help us emerge stronger from COVID-19 and ensure the capital is prepared for future disruptive challenges.
- Applications close on 1 April 2021.
Enterprise Nation is launching a three-month campaign called 'Hello, World' offering advice on the legalities around refunds, raising money to buy new stock/equipment, and how to pivot back to the physical world. Content thus far is:
- PopUp on Oxford Street in May
- How to re-open your shop safely
- Providing experiences offers businesses a real opportunity post lockdown
- Meet top digital marketers ready to help small businesses re-open
The British Business Bank has outlined some tips and steps to take to build your resilience and diversify your processes, services and offering. Business resilience is never tested more than during challenging economic circumstances. Building a more resilient business, with more resilient processes, can be the difference between surviving and going under.
The British Library's Reset. Restart programme is here to help you transform, future-proof or grow your business through the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond and is open to all business owners especially those in the first years of trading.
Join one or more of their series of ten monthly webinars for practical, jargon-free training and advice; network with other entrepreneurs and receive further tailored support.