Following consultation with residents a planning application for improvements to this small green space was submitted in December 2016.
In response to local residents concerns, Architects JKA carried out further consultation with local residents, Metropolitan Police Department ‘Designing Out Crime’ team and Waltham Forest Council Parks and Highways Departments, and made amendments to the planning application.
The amended planning application was unanimously approved by the Planning Committee in September 2017 for improvements to the Victoria Road open space in South Leytonstone.
What happens when?
- Blakedown Landscapes has been contracted to carry out the improvements to the green space which includes landscaping and colourful structures for brief rests and for informal play aimed at young children.
- Work started on site in December 2019 and is due to finish by February 2020.
- Download the Leytonstone email newsletter 4 December 2020
- Download Leytonstone email newsletter 28 November 2020
- Download Leytonstone email newsletter 28 August 2020
- Download the Leytonstone email newsletter 7 January 2020
- Download the Leytonstone email newsletter 26 November 2019
- Regeneration Project Manager, Katie Wren