The site was an underused brownfield site at Sutherland Road, Walthamstow. The site is within the Blackhorse Lane growth area.
What has been delivered?
The development provided 30 new high-quality homes for shared ownership including one, two and three-bedroom homes.
Eighteen of the 30 homes were bought by Waltham Forest residents and a further three by people who work in the borough which shows the demand for such homes locally.
Unity Works scores highly in terms of sustainability, too. It benefits from an energy centre shared with a neighbouring site, as well as a combined heat and power unit, and solar panels that power the lifts and lights in communal areas, all of which helps to reduce carbon emissions.
Who did the work?
The Peabody Group, working with Waltham Forest Council, developed this site.
In November 2018 the scheme won the Inside Housing Development Award for the best shared ownership scheme.
Keeping you informed
You can download copies of newsletters:
- Download the Blackhorse Lane email newsletter 24 June 2019
- Download the Blackhorse Lane email newsletter 22 February 2019
- Download the Blackhorse Lane Summer 2018 (PDF 1.41MB)
Follow us on Twitter using #UnityWorks
More information is available from:
- Waltham Forest Council’s Regeneration Manager, Jimmy Jemal
- Waltham Forest Council’s Stakeholder Relations and Community Engagement Manager, Keith Brown.