The site replaces the existing ball park and car park.
What is planned?
The proposal is to provide:
- a five storey, residential building containing 31 apartments, all of which will be available at social rent
- refuse and recycling facilities
- cycle storage
- three parking bays for people with disabilities
- private external amenity spaces
- a buffer between the roads
- a safe pedestrian footpath through the scheme.
See the display boards from the recent engagement events:
These may changes as further discussions and engagement takes place.
Who will do the development?
Sixty Bricks, the Council owned development company will be managing the building of this scheme.
What happens when?
- Tuesday 11 July 2017: Waltham Forest Council’s Cabinet approved the principle of developing this site
- January 2019: Greater London Authority approves grant funding of £100,000 per new home
- Thursday 6 June 2019: Planning application submitted, and statutory consultation takes place
- Monday 12 August 2019: Notice served to stop using car park
- Tuesday 12 November 2019: Planning approval granted
- March 2020: Start on site
- Tuesday 2 June 2020: Work restarts on site following closure due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Autumn 2021: Expected completion of scheme
- Download the letter from Engie about work restarting on site 29 May 2020
- Download the Leytonstone email newsletter 7 January 2020
- Download the Meet The Contractor Engie information sheet 22 January 2020
- Download the Sansom Road newsletter 10 January 2020
- Download the Sansom Road email newsletter 7 January 2020
- Download the introductory letter from contractors Engie 11 December 2019
- Download the Leytonstone email newsletter 26 November 2019
- Download the Sansom Road email newsletter 19 November 2019
- Download information on the scheme for TMO residents circulated 1 October 2019
- Download Sansom Road email newsletter 26 September 2019
- Download information on the scheme circulated 20 September 2019
- Download the Have Your Say email newsletter 13 September 2019
- Download Sansom Road email newsletter 20 August 2019
Keeping you informed
Consultations have been held on:
A special drop-in engagement event to meet the contractor doing the work was held on Wednesday 22 January 2020 at the Epicentre, 41 West Street, Leytonstone, E11 4LJ
A drop in information event for residents who live in the TMO homes was held on Tuesday 8 October 2019 at TMO Offices, 43 Sansom Road, Leytonstone, E11 3HD. This meeting was ONLY for TMO residents.
A drop in information event for residents was held on Monday 30 September, at Epicentre, 41 West Street, Leytonstone, E11 4LJ.
- Tuesday 29 August 2017: Section 105 Consultation Decision report published following consultation with tenants and leaseholders
- Tuesday 12 September 2017: Consultation with residents
- Thursday 14 December 2017: Consultation with residents
- Tuesday 3 July 2018: Consultation with residents
Sixty Bricks Senior Development Officer, Sam Kadri
Waltham Forest Council’s Stakeholder Relations and Community Engagement Manager, Keith Brown