What is being developed?
300 new homes are currently being built on the site and featuring lower blocks around a central courtyard and three tall buildings of 18, 15 and 12 storey along Argall Way. The development has been called Motion E10.
A total of 57 per cent of the homes on this site are affordable.
The development will also include:
- 21,000 square feet of ground floor retail space
- A gym
- 60 car parking spaces
- 2 car club spaces
- 540 cycle parking spaces
Who is doing the work?
Find out more about Hill Construction's joint venture with Peabody Trust.
What happens when?
The demolition has been completed and basement slabs were laid during Spring 2018.
Drainage works at the front of the site were completed in spring 2018.
The Topping Out Ceremony took place on Wednesday 11 September 2019.
Bigger trains planned for Lea Bridge
Greater Anglia is investing in new trains which are expected to start serving Lea Bridge Station during 2021.
The new trains Class 720 Aventra trains will be five carriages long and have around 540 seats which is around 318 more seats per train than the four carriage Class 317 trains currently running on this line.
Lea Bridge Regeneration Workshop
A workshop with Lea Bridge residents was held on Tuesday 3 March 2020 to discuss concerns raised by residents.
- Download Leyton email newsletter 28 February 2020
- Download the Leyton email newsletter 11 February 2020
- Download the Lea Bridge email newsletter 26 November 2019
- Download the Lea Bridge email newsletter 4 November 2019
- Read the email newsletter of 26 April 2019
- Download the Lea Bridge and Leyton spring newsletter 2018
Follow us on Twitter using #97LeaBridge