What happens when? Click to get info
- 29 October 2020: Virtual engagement event for residents
- November 2020: Planning application submitted
- November 2020: Planning application validated, and statutory consultation takes place
- November 2020: Referral to Mayor of London
- 7 December 2020: Virtual engagement event organised by the applicant
- 14 December 2020: Deadline for submitting comments on the licence application
- 8 February: Virtual engagement event organised by the applicant
- 14 February 2021: Deadline for submitting comments on the planning application
- End February 2021: Projected date for Planning Committee report
- April 2021: Proposed date for engagement event with residents
- Mid-June 2021: If planning permission is given, set up begins on site
- Mid-September 2021: If planning permission is given, events end, and site cleared
Public information events Click to get info
Secret Group Ltd are running a series of engagement events for residents to find out more and ask questions. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, these are being held online until further notice.
The last engagement event was held on Monday 8 February from 5-6 pm.
Click here to read the questions and answers from Secret Group Ltd from the event.
Licensing application Click to get info
On Wednesday 13 January 2021, an application for a grant of a premises licence for a temporary Secret Cinema event at Low Hall sports ground was approved.
The licensing application is for:
Provision of films, plays, live music, performances of dance, recorded music, anything of a similar description during the hours of:
- Tuesday to Saturday: 5pm to 10.30pm
- Sunday: 2.30pm to 10.30pm
Sale of alcohol (on-sales) during the hours of:
- Tuesday to Saturday: 5pm to 10pm
- Sunday: 2.30pm to 10pm
The licence is granted to run from Monday 5 July 2021 to Sunday 12 September 2021 inclusive.
The application was also put on notices around the site and published in a local newspaper.
Temporary planning application Click to get info
Licensing applications are governed by different legislation than planning applications.
A separate planning application for the temporary use of the Low Hall Sports Ground (reference number 203496) has been submitted to the Council.
Waltham Forest Council offer an extended amount of time for residents to comment on significant planning applications, so comments on this scheme can be made until 14 February 2021.
If you wish to comment, you can do so by emailing email@example.com or writing to:
London Borough of Waltham Forest
The Magistrates Building, Town Hall Complex
The application and all feedback received will be considered by the Planning Committee on 2 March 2021.
Keeping you informed Click to get info
- Download Low Hall Sports Ground email newsletter 1 February 2021
- Download Low Hall Sports Ground email newsletter 10 December 2020
- Download the Secret Company letter to residents 1 December 2020
- Download Leyton email newsletter 27 November 2020
- Low Hall Sports Ground email newsletter 27 November 2020
To receive a copy of the letter distributed to residents on Thursday 22 October, please email firstname.lastname@example.org