What is planned?
The development at Lena Kennedy Close is being delivered by Sixty Bricks.
It will provide 45 one, two and three bedroom apartments with 50% affordable, including social rented and shared ownership.
The new building will be called Centenary House to mark the 100th anniversary of the first Council housing being built in the country.
Rents are set at social rent levels as well as offering shared ownership purchase opportunities. All Sixty Bricks purchase and shared ownership new homes will be prioritised for local people and key workers in Waltham Forest.
Four homes are designated as ‘wheelchair accessible’ and are adaptable for multiple needs.
Around £100,000 of improvements will be made to Rolls Park and Sports Ground, in Hickman Avenue, funded from the Centenary House scheme.
Proposals could include installing a Multi-Use Games Area (MUGA) which may include:
- An Energy Cross Trainer
- An Energy Spinning Bike
- An Energy Recumbent Bike
- A Smart Energy Hand Bike, which can also be used by wheelchair users
- Two Outdoor Table Tennis Tables
- Basketball Hoops
- Football Goals
There will also be a footpath link from Centenary House to Rolls Park.
Who is doing the work?
Engie has been appointed to do the construction work to deliver the new homes in partnership with Sixty Bricks.
What happens when?
- Wednesday 20 March 2019: ball park is formally closed
- Friday 29 March 2019: hoardings erected around site
- August 2019: footpaths across the ball park are closed to allow work to start on site. Alternative routes are available
- Monday 9 December 2019: piling rig delivered - please leave area free from parked cars to allow access.
- December 2019: Piling begins to build foundation and will continue for around two weeks
- Summer 2019: site preparation work begins
- Monday 4 May 2020: Work restarts on site after being halted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Contractors will follow the advice of Government and the Construction Leadership Council
- Late 2020: work completed and first residents move in
Keeping you informed
- Donwload the Centenary House, Lena Kennedy Close newsletter April 2021
- Download the Centenary House, Lena Kennedy Close newsletter March 2021
- Download the Highams Park email newsletter 11 December 2020
- Download Lena Kennedy Close email newsletter 24 November 2020
- Download Highams Park email newsletter 7 August 2020
- Download the Lena Kennedy Close email newsletter 29 April 2020
- Download Chingford Area email newsletter 1 March 2020
- Download Engie letter regarding crane delivery 11 February 2020
- Download Lena Kennedy Close email newsletter 23 December 2019
- Download Engie letter regarding piling rig 3 December 2019
- Download the Chingford email newsletter 22 November 2019
- Download the Lena Kennedy Close email newsletter 4 November 2019
- Download the Engie Meet the Contractor newsletter 2 October 2019
- Download the Engie Meet the Contractor invitation letter 25 September 2019
- Download the Lena Kennedy Close email newsletter 14 August 2019
Keeping you informed
We will be producing email newsletters to keep residents informed of progress.
Follow us on Twitter using #LenaKennedyClose
Sixty Bricks Project Manager, Emily Mountford
Construction Site Project Manager: Daniel Ward email@example.com