Kelmscott School is a secondary comprehensive school in Markhouse Road, Walthamstow.
The school has approximately 900 pupils aged 11 to 16.
In 2008 the school underwent an £11.2million refurbishment as part of the Building Schools for the Future programme.
Further work begins in 2020 to provide additional facilities for pupils.
What is planned?
The proposal is to provide:
- A new science laboratory
- A new computer studies laboratory
- A new graphics and product design studio
- An activity studio
- An expanded dining area
- New toilet facilities
- Office and staff preparation area
- Communal space for informal social meetings
- 46 new secure cycle parking spaces
- Blue/green roofs planted with native species to attract pollinators and help improve air quality
- Rain water harvesting
- Landscaping including shrubs and trees that will help improve air quality
Who will do the development?
Thomas Sinden, construction contractors from Romford will be doing the work.
What happens when?
- March 2020 work begins
- Autumn 2020 work scheduled to be completed