As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to regenerate parts of the Borough over the next 20 years, parts of the Hylands Road Estate have been identified as being in need of major improvements.
What is planned?
The proposal is to build around 120 new affordable homes on the site, all will be available to rent.
The proposals include:
- The proposal is to build around 120 new affordable homes on the site, all will be available to rent.
- The proposals include a mixture of one, two and three bedroom apartments.
- 12 of the homes will be fully accessible
- Landscaping including play space for pre-school age
- Secure cycle storage within the building for all residents
- Nine parking bays for use by people with blue badges
- Solar panels will be fitted on the development
Who is doing the work?
Sixty Bricks will be managing the development of the scheme.
What happens when?
- Wednesday 21 August 2019: Public Engagement drop-in event
- September 2019: Planning application, reference number 192987, submitted and statutory consultation took place. You can see the planning application here.
- Tuesday 3 December 2019: Planning Committee approves planning application
- 6 April 2020: Site hoardings will be erected during this week
- 11 May 2020: Work restarts on site after being halted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Contractors will follow the advice of Government and the Construction Leadership Council
- Summer 2020: Demolition of the garages begins
- Summer 2020: Demolition of existing flats due to begin
- Summer 2022: Expected first residents to move in
A drop-in public engagement event where residents could ask questions of contractors regarding the building programme was held on Tuesday 4 February 2020.
A drop-in public engagement event where residents could ask questions of Council officers regarding the proposals was held on Wednesday 21 August 2019.
Keeping you informed
- Download the Hylands Road email newsletter 15 May 2020
- Download the Engie letter regarding hoardings 6 May 2020
- Download the Engie letter regarding work recommencing on site 6 May 2020
- Download the Engie letter regarding hoardings 6 April 2020
- Download the Walthamstow email newsletter 20 February 2020
- Download Engie's Meet the Contractor's leaflet 5 February 2020
- Download the Hylands Road Meet the Contractor invitation 9 January 2020
- Download the Hylands Road email newsletter 6 December 2019
- Download the Walthamstow email newsletter 16 December 2019
- Download the introductory letter from contractor Engie 11 December 2019
- Download the Walthamstow email newsletter 27 November 2019
- Download the resident information leaflet 7 November 2019
- Download the resident information leaflet 30 October 2019
- Download the Hylands Road email newsletter 9 August 2019
- Read the Hylands Road drop in engagement event leaflet 9 August 2019
More information is available from: