The Essex Close site is a former garage site located to the rear of the existing Essex Close E17 6JS estate.
The site is currently closed off to the public as it is in use as a base for the Council’s framework contractor, Engie Regeneration Ltd.
What is planned?
The proposal is for:
- 20 new homes, 50 per cent of which will be affordable.
- a mix of one, two and three-bedroom homes
- two fully wheelchair accessible homes
- landscaped communal garden
- play area for under five-year-olds living in Essex Close, including the new homes
- secure parking for 44 cycles.
The scheme is a car free development.
There will also be a shared garden area and secure parking for 44 cycles.
Who will do the development?
Sixty Bricks, the Council owned development company will be responsible for building this scheme.
What happens when?
A planning application, reference number 192789, has been approved. You can see the proposals online.
- Friday 09 August 2019 Planning application submitted, and statutory consultation took place
- Tuesday 7 November 2019 Planning Committee approved application
- Spring 2020 Expected start on site
- Tuesday 26 May 2020: Work restarts following COVID-19 emergency. There will be changes to parking arrangements to allow deliveries to the site to take place
- January 2022: Expected completion of scheme
A Meet the Contractors drop-in event was held on Tuesday 25 February 2020, at Stoneydown Park Primary School, Pretoria Avenue, Walthamstow, E17 6JY, where residents could ask for details of the building operations.
Consultations have been held with residents:
- on Wednesday 29 May 2019. See the feedback from this event
- on Thursday 12 July 2018. See the feedback from this event
Keeping you informed
- Download the Walthamstow email newsletter 4 December 2020
- Download Walthamstow email newsletter 7 August 2020
- Download the Email newsletter 22 May 2020
- Download Engie's Work Programme letter 31 March 2020
- Download Engie's Meet the Contractor leaflet 25 February 2020
- Download the Walthamstow email newsletter 20 February 2020
- Download the Essex Close email newsletter 7 January 2020
- Download the Essex Close email newsletter 20 December 2019
- Download the Walthamstow email newsletter 16 December 2019
- Download the Essex Close Estate News email newsletter 9 December 2019
- Download the Walthamstow email newsletter 27 November 2019
- Download the Have Your Say email newsletter 13 September 2019
Sixty Bricks Project Manager, Nerissa George
Construction Site Manager, Adam Hall
Waltham Forest Communications and Engagement Officer Genstacia Bull: Genstacia.Bull@walthamforest.gov.uk