Crest Nicholson is developing the former Essex Brewery Site at 76 to 80 South Grove, Walthamstow.
What is planned?
A mixed use development including:
- 64 one-bedroom homes including nine for shared ownership
- 96 two-bedroom homes including 16 for shared ownership
- 23 three-bedroom homes
- Three shop units totalling 478 sq metres
- 361 cycle parking spaces
Most homes are available through the London Help to Buy scheme.
Who is doing the work?
Crest Nicholson is undertaking the work.
Hours of work, as agreed with the Council are: 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday, Saturday 8am to 1pm with no work on Sunday or bank holidays.
All vehicle deliveries to the site during construction will be made off South Grove and St James Street and into Brunner Road.
What happens when?
The Sales and Marketing suite is now open.
The concrete frames on both buildings are due for completion by summer 2018 and then brickwork will be installed throughout the summer.
This summer will also see works carried out on both South Grove and Brunner Road to connect services and drainage with footpaths and roads closed or reduced in width so the work can be done safely.
The project should be completed by autumn 2019 when a number of homes will be made available through the Metropolitan Housing Association.
Keeping you informed
On Tuesday 3 July 2018 the Council held an information session at South Grove Primary School, Ringwood Road, Walthamstow, E17 8PW where residents, businesses and other stakeholders were able to find out more about proposals for regeneration of the St James’ Quarter, and ask questions about the proposals.
Download the St James Quarter information session presentation
- Download the Walthamstow email newsletter 4 December 2020
- Download Walthamstow email newsletter 7 August 2020
- Download the Walthamstow email newsletter 20 February 2020
- Download the Walthamstow email newsletter 16 December 2019
- Download the Walthamstow email newsletter 27 November 2019
- Download the St James Quarter email newsletter 23 August 2019
- Download the St James' Quarter email newsletter 2 August 2019
- Download the St James' Quarter summer newsletter 2018
Follow us on Twitter using #EssexBrewerySite
More information is available from: