Church Lane includes a parade of shops, Leytonstone tube station and a car park which is underutilised, particularly at weekends.
The Council, working with the community, is looking at ways of making better use of the car park.
This includes a series of pop up events, which means the car park is closed during the event.
The aim is to attract more people to visit the Church Lane shopping area to support local businesses while also providing fun activities for residents to enjoy.
A synthetic rink was open on Friday 21 February, Saturday 22 February and Sunday 23 February, proving popular on all three days.
It was free to use, including free skate hire, and was able to accommodate around 30 skaters at any one time.
Pop Up Market
In Summer 2019 a pop up market was held at Church Lane car park at weekends.
- Download the Leytonstone email newsletter 4 December 2020
- Download Leytonstone email newsletter 28 November 2020
- Download Leytonstone email newsletter 28 August 2020
- Download the Leytonstone email newsletter 11 February 2020
- Download the Leytonstone email newsletter 7 January 2020
- Download the ice rink information leaflet 31 January 2020
- Download the ice rink information leaflet 18 February 2020
- Waltham Forest Council’s Regeneration Project Manager, Pawel Pietraszek