What is planned? Click to get info
Options that may be considered as part of the feasibility study include:
- New, fully accessible and modern library
- Affordable, multi-use assembly space
- Learning space for Adult Learning Services courses
- Enhanced facilities for older people
- An aspiration of around 40 new homes, including a target of 50 per cent of them being affordable homes for local people
- Energy saving measures to help tackle the climate emergency
If approval is given for the scheme, the library will be accommodated in a temporary building on the site during the works.
Who will be doing the redevelopment? Click to get info
It is intended that Sixty Bricks Ltd, the Council’s wholly owned housing company, will undertake the delivery of the project on behalf of the Council.
What happens when? Click to get info
Thursday 11 June 2020: Cabinet receives a report on the proposal.
Read the report which starts on page 17
Watch Cabinet live
Thursday 5 November 2020: Online Public Information event with question time.
View the presentation for this meeting.
Watch the video of the meeting
15 April 2021 Chingford Hub public engagement event
View the presentation for Chingford Hub public engagement meeting.
Watch the question and answer session for this meeting
- Spring 2021: Planning application submitted, and statutory consultation takes place.
- Summer/Autumn 2021: If approved work begins on site
- Summer 2023: If approved new facilities should open
Engagement Click to get info
During the feasibility stage, the Council is keeping residents informed through a variety of digital and non-digital ways, including letterbox drops, social media, public events and newsletters. Additionally, there are two focused groups set up with the aim of inputting into the design and development process:
Engagement and User Group: to provide the local community and library users in North Chingford with the opportunity to engage with the development of the vision and design proposals for the Chingford Hub. Engagement and User Group terms of reference.
Local Members Reference Panel: to provide Ward Members in Chingford Green and Endlebury wards with the opportunity to engage with the development of the vision and design proposals for the Chingford Hub. Local Members Reference Panel terms of reference.