The Blackhorse Views site was a 280 space public car park, run by National Car Parks.
In 2017, the 1.8 acre car park site was unlocked for development by the Mayor of London, and has been allocated for a new residential-led, mixed-use and car-free scheme by both the Greater London Authority and the London Borough of Waltham Forest.
What is planned?
Barratt London, in partnership with Transport for London (TfL) will be delivering a residential-led, mixed-use development which meets local housing needs and provides a new lively active street for local people to enjoy.
The proposals for Blackhorse View will:
- Deliver around 350 homes
- Provide 50 per cent onsite affordable homes including at London Affordable Rent for local people.
- Enhance the creative offer in the area with new workspaces for start-ups and businesses.
- Enliven the high street with a mix of new shops to support small and independent retailers.
- Deliver a car-free development to encourage greener, cleaner modes of transport.
- Complement nearby developments and reflect the history of the area.
What happens when?
- May 2018: public exhibition held by Barratt London
- July 2018: a further public exhibition was held by Barratt London
- Summer 2018: planning application submitted and statutory consultation took place on the application
- Tuesday 4 December 2018: planning approval given
- Friday 15 March 2019: Transport for London (TfL) closed car park ready for work to start on site
- Friday 19 July 2019: Ground breaking ceremony takes place on site
- Summer 2019: work starts on site
Extended hours of working
The developers of this site have decided to take advtanage of Government changes to working hours aimed at helping revive the economy.
The new working hours are Monday to Friday, 6am to 8pm; Saturdays 8am to 4pm with no working on Sundays.
Keeping you informed
There were two consultation events for residents during May 2018.
Two further consultation events took place in July 2018 to feedback on comments made at the May consultation.
A planning application was submitted during late summer 2018 and further consultation with residents took place with comments forming part of the report to Planning Committee on Tuesday 4 December 2018.
Keeping you informed
You can download copies of newsletters:
- Download the Blackhorse area email newsletter 5 December 2020
- Download Barratt Newsletter October 2020
- Download Barratt Newsletter September 2020
- Download Barratt Newsletter August 2020
- Download the Walthamstow email newsletter 20 February 2020
- Download the Blackhorse Junction email newsletter 14 February 2020
- Download the Blackhorse Lane email newsletter 24 June 2019
- Download the Blackhorse Lane email newsletter 11 March 2019
- Download the Blackhorse Lane email newsletter 22 February 2019
- Download the Blackhorse Point email newsletter 5 December 2018
- Download the Blackhorse Lane summer newsletter 2018
See the public consultation display boards and details of the scheme on the Blackhorse Point website.
Follow us on Twitter using #BlackhorseView