Big Creative Academy is a specialist creative arts college for 16-19 year olds. As part of the free schools programme, the Department for Education is funding accommodation for 400 students.
The Academy will run courses in media, performing arts, music, fashion, make-up, technical theatre and health and fitness.
Open evenings take place every month and information can be found at on the Big Creative Academy website.
95% of the demolition is recycled including donations to local residents.
What is planned?
Facilities at the Big Creative Academy Clifton Avenue campus will include:
- 17 specialist studio spaces
- 200-seater multi-functional venue space for theatre productions, gigs, screenings and events
- Health and fitness studio
- Community café
- Landscaped gardens and outdoor teaching spaces
Watch the video giving details about the scheme.
A public consultation was held in October 2018.
Planning application, reference number 183911, has been approved. View the planning application on the planning portal website.
Who is undertaking the development?
Farrans Construction Ltd is undertaking this development.
What happens when?
- Project and demolition started in July 2019
- Project completion due in September 2020
- Download Walthamstow email newsletter 7 August 2020
- Download the Walthamstow email newsletter 20 February 2020
- Download the Farrans Construction Ltd newsletter November 2019
- Download the Farrans Construction Ltd newsletter June 2019
A virtual tour of the new facilities can be found on the Big Creative Education website.
Big Creative Education Director of Operations, Victoria Spence