The Avenue Road estate was built in the early 1960s to help solve the severe housing shortage after the Second World War
Maintenance costs on the estate are high and the flats don’t meet the modern standards we would expect to provide for our tenants.
What is happening when?
- May to August 2019: Each household living on the estate is asked to complete a Housing Needs Survey so we know what accommodation they require Building Condition Surveys are taking place.
- July 2019: Gas supply is capped off to prevent gas being used in the flats.
- 11 July 2019: Waltham Forest Cabinet received a report and decided to allocate funding, so an options study can be done on the future of the estate. Read full details in the report.
- Winter 2019: Options discussed with residents
- Thursday 23 April 2020: Waltham Forest Cabinet receives report on options for the future of the estate.
- Autumn 2020: Resident engagement on proposals
- January 2021: Resident ballot on proposal. A majority of residents needs to vote in favour of the proposal for it to go ahead.
Avenue Road Estate Regeneration Ballot
QUESTION: Are you in favour of the proposal for the regeneration of the Avenue Road Estate?
No. votes % of valid vote
Yes 161 91.5%
Residents’ Action Group
Keeping you informed
- Download the Leytonstone email newsletter 4 December 2020
- Download Leytonstone email newsletter 28 November 2020
- Download the Local Plan newsletter for Avenue Road estate 8 October 2020
- Download Leytonstone email newsletter 28 August 2020
- See the Avenue Road website about the proposed development
- Download Avenue Road Estate email newsletter 3 March 2020
- Download the Leytonstone email newsletter 7 January 2020
- Download Avenue Road Estate email newsletter 7 February 2020
- Download Avenue Road Estate email newsletter 17 December 2019
- Download the Avenue Road estate regeneration email newsletter 16 December 2019
- Download the Leytonstone email newsletter 26 November 2019
- Download the Avenue Road Estate Newsletter 21 August 2019
- Download the Avenue Road Estate Newsletter 4 July 2019
Keeping you informed
Follow us on Twitter using #AvenueRoadEstate