The site originally had industrial units on it which were reaching the end of their economic life.
What is planned?
A mixed-use development providing:
- 83 private and affordable apartments
- Ground and first floor commercial /employment space
- Capacity to facilitate a 1,500 sq metre Health and Care Hub.
Who is doing the work?
Engie is the contractor delivering the scheme on behalf of Waltham Forest Council.
What happens when?
- Tuesday 3 July 2018: Engagement event for residents to discuss possible options for the site.
- Tuesday 3 September 2019: Planning application, reference number 192899, is validated and statutory consultation takes place
- Wednesday 5 February 2020: Planning Committee approves planning applications.
- Tuesday 10 March 2020: Engagement event where residents met the contractors.
- Saturday 2 October and Sunday 3 October 2020: Road closed while tower crane is delivered and erected. Disturbance will be kept to the minimum.
- 2022: Completion due
Keeping you informed
On Tuesday 3 July 2018 the Council held an information session at South Grove Primary School, Ringwood Road, Walthamstow, E17 8PW where residents, businesses and other stakeholders were able to find out more about proposals for regeneration of the St James’ Quarter, and ask questions about the proposals.
Download the St James' Quarter information session presentation
- Download the Walthamstow email newsletter 4 December 2020
- Download St James' Quarter email newsletter 6 November 2020
- Download St James' Quarter email newsletter 22 October 2020
- Download St James' Quarter email newsletter 29 September 2020
- Download Walthamstow email newsletter 7 August 2020
- Download the St James' Quarter email newsletter 27 February 2020
- Download the Walthamstow email newsletter 20 February 2020
- Download the Walthamstow email newsletter 16 December 2019
- Download the Walthamstow email newsletter 27 November 2019
- Download the Have Your Say email newsletter 13 September 2019
- Download the St James Quarter email newsletter 23 August 2019
- Download St James' Quarter email newsletter 02 August 2019
- Download the St James' Quarter summer newsletter 2018
More details of the St James Quarter Regeneration
More information is available from:
- Waltham Forest Council’s Regeneration Consultant, John Carroll