The site was previously unused land that formed part of the Waltham Forest College campus and is next to 5 Spruce Hills Road..
The original planning application was by Clarion Housing which sold the site to L and Q in 2020.
The developer is L & Q
What is planned?
Planning application 183568 is for redevelopment of the site to provide a part two, part three storey building and lower ground level to comprise of 12 residential units (six one-bedroom and six two-bedroom) together with associated landscaping.
Fifty per cent of the new homes will be affordable, including affordable rent.
What happens when?
- Date to follow: Planning application 183568 validated and statutory consultation took place
- Tuesday 5 March 2019: Planning Committee approves the planning application
- Tuesday 14 April 2020: L and Q buy site
- Monday 3 August 2020: Hoardings erected, and preliminary work starts on site
- Date to follow: main work starts on site
- Date to follow: expected date of completion
You can subscribe to this site’s email newsletter to keep up to date on the progress of this development.
- Download the Walthamstow email newsletter 4 December 2020
- Download Walthamstow email newsletter 7 August 2020
More information is available from:
- L and Q Project Lead Vanessa Constant: VConstant@lqgroup.org.uk