What is planned?
Planning permission has been granted for:
- 350 new homes for students at London universities at 4 to 10 Forest Road.
- a new cycle hub
- commercial space
What happens when?
Work started in summer 2018 and is due to be completed by summer 2020.
4 August 2020: Planning application 202279 is validated and statutory consultation starts for temporary change of use from student accommodation (use class Sui Generis) to self-contained residential studio units (use class C3) together with approved commercial floor space (900 square metres) for a fixed term of one year.
Under new Government regulations to encourage economic recovery and create jobs while maintaining social distancing the developer has asked for extended working hours on this site.
Work will now be allowed to take place between 8am and 9pm, Monday to Saturday.
Who is doing the work?
Watkin Jones is developing this site.
Keeping you informed
- Download the Blackhorse area email newsletter 5 December 2020
- Download the Walthamstow email newsletter 4 December 2020
- Download Walthamstow email newsletter 7 August 2020
- Download the Walthamstow email newsletter 20 February 2020
- Download the Blackhorse Lane summer newsletter 2018
More information is available from:
- Waltham Forest Council’s Regeneration Manager, Jimmy Jemal