Referral documents Click to get info
Contact MASH Click to get info
Multi agency safeguarding hub (MASH)
Phone: 020 8496 2310 (Monday - Thursday 9am-5.15pm and Fri 9am-5pm)
Mob: Tel: 020 8496 3000 (Out of Hours)
Fax: 020 8496 2313
Feedback Click to get info
The MASH administrator will inform the professional of the outcome of their referral.
Parental consent Click to get info
The MASH is a way of working that improves arrangements for safeguarding children and young people in Waltham Forest.
The MASH is a consent based model. This means that when dealing with suspected child neglect ,abuse or a need for support, professionals will endeavour to work in partnership with parents. That means:
- being open and honest with parents about the concerns the professional has about a child or children
- explaining to parents prior to making a referral how the MASH team will share information about the child and family to get the best possible picture about the child’s circumstances
- if the referring professional is able to justify that seeking a consent for MASH information sharing would place a child at further risk of harm or cause unnecessary delay, the professional may choose deviate from the normal approach of seeking consent
Dispute resolution Click to get info
In the event of any disagreements arising relating to MASH operations or decision making, this will be dealt with in the first instance at the MASH level through discussion with the MASH manager.
Where a resolution cannot be found at this level within a timescale that is in the best interests of the child or children, the matter should be raised in writing with the head of safeguarding and family support service
The head of service will make a judgement on whether to:
- try and resolve the dispute on the MASH level
- raise the issue with senior staff within the MASH partner agencies
- bring the issue to the attention of the MASH Steering Group