Your future Click to get info
All people have hopes and dreams for the future. You may have many hopes for your future and some of your hopes and dreams can be achieved on their own, but you may need the support of others. This could be someone that comes into school to support you or agencies that help and support you and your family outside of school. They will aim to:
- Help you to think about what you want now and in the future
- Get people who support you to work together
- Listen to you about what you want for your life when you leave school
Or vision is that all children and young people with special educational needs or a disability are able to take ownership of their own learning and future needs by being involved. You should take part in your reviews through a person centred approach.
Information for parents Click to get info
How can my child and I contribute?
The SENCO or Inclusion Manager at your child's school will contact you to help you give your views. These can be shared at a meeting.
For more information download the Family Footings Presentation.
For more information download 'Preparing Families for Person Centred Review Meetings with Schools in London'.
Person centred review Click to get info
In a person centred review we will:
- Listen to your child’s views and wishes
- Help them to think about how they can progress at school
- Get the best help from everyone who knows your child for example you, the school and other professionals
- Set realistic and achievable goals for your child’s future
For more information download Information for Parents about Person Centred Planning booklet.
Resources and leaflets Click to get info
Person centred review resources for children and young peoples views
- Me at school, my friends, teachers, my work (812KB PDF file)
- All about me, my review formats (327KB PDF file)
- All about me scrap book format (69KB PDF file)
- Myself this is my life poster format (130KB PDF file)
- Moving on up booklet (2MB Word file)
- Getting a life booklet (2.4MB Word file)
- Transition planning, my views (88KB PDF file)
Examples of person centred reviews
Person centred resources for schools
- Person Centred Reviews - Guidance for schools and other services (2.4MB PDF file)
- PCP Review headings (26KB PDF file)
- Person Centred Transition Planning - Guidance for schools and other services3.8MB PDF file)
- Person Centred Annual Review template (131KB PowerPoint file)
- Person Centred Transitional Review template (138KB PowerPoint file)
- Person Centred Review template (1MB Word file)
- Person Centred Transitional Review template (577KB Word file)
- Review invitation (24KB Word file)
- My review rule (101KB PDF file)
- Person centred Reviews( widget symbols) (62KB PDF file)
- The rules of a person centred review (widget symbols) (51KB PDF file)
Peoples' views of person centred reviews
Speech, language and communication needs resources Click to get info
- Resources for Supporting Students with Communication Difficulties to Prepare for their Person Centred Review (4.40MB PDF file)
- Multimedia communication passport template
Some of these documents are produced in PDF format. To view them you may need to download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader
Person centred reviews training programme Click to get info
Waltham Forest ran a training programme which was facilitated by Helen Sanderson Associates. They are the leading organisation in the field of person centred planning. They work all around the UK and support schools, local authorities and other key agencies on developing person centred planning methods, tools and resources.
The training will be facilitated by Rhian Hughes, SEN Manager, Mark Jones, PCP Lead Primary and Julia Ridley PCP Lead Special Schools. They have been working on developing person centred planning in Waltham Forest for 2 years. They have facilitated a one-day training in Waltham Forest in February 2012 which was given an excellent evaluation by all those who attended.
If you want to learn more about the work of Helen Sanderson Associates please browse their website www.helensandersonassociates.co.uk.
Contact Click to get info
Person Centred Planning Support Services
Transition Team at the Limes
6 Somers Road
Walthamstow, E17 6RX
Telephone: 020 8509 8985
Learning Disability Experience (Formerly Waltham Forest Mencap)
1a Matlock Road
Leyton E10 6BN
Telephone: 020 3233 0850